Skip to content
What is XP?
- Sitecore Experience Platform (XP) – The content management, personalization, marketing and analytics features.
- Sitecore Experience Database (xDB) – where all experience data of the contact is stored
- xConnect – an independent service layer that connects the xDB to Experience Applications and allows other channels to add data to the xDB.
- Experience Applications – with applications such as List Manager, Campaign Manager, FXM, and Experience Analytics.
- Experience content management – with applications such as the Experience Editor and Experience Explorer.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- IIS (8.5 or 10.0)
- Operating System
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)
- .NET Framework 4.6.2 or later
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 SP1
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 SP2 (does not support the Experience Database (xDB))
- Search Indexing
- Solr 6.6.2 (This version is supported in 9.0 update 1)
Prerequisites for using the Sitecore Installation Framework
- Microsoft PowerShell® version 5.1 or later
- Web Platform Installer 5.0
- WebAdministration module
- Web Deploy 3.6 for Hosting Servers
- URL Rewrite 2.1
- Microsoft SQL Server Data-Tier Application Framework (DacFx) version 2016
Enable Contained Database Authentication
- To configure the target SQL Server to allow users and logins to be contained at the database level:
- Run below script in SQL Management studio with Admin
sp_configure 'contained database authentication', 1;
Install Solr (Click here to see blog on how to install SOLR with SSL
We are going to install On-premise Topology (XPo)
- sitecore 9.0.1 rev. 171219 (OnPrem)_single.scwdp.zip
- sitecore 9.0.1 rev. 171219 (OnPrem)_xp0xconnect.scwdp.zip
- xconnect-createcert.json (for developer environments)
Copy all the above file in C:\resourcefiles
Copy your Sitecore license file in the C:\resourcefiles folder as license.xml
Install the Installation Framework Module Using MyGet
- Open PowerShell as Admin
- To register the repository, in a PowerShell command line, run the following cmdlet:
Register-PSRepository -Name SitecoreGallery -SourceLocation https://sitecore.myget.org/F/sc-powershell/api/v2
- Install PowerShell Module
- Press ‘Y’ and Enter.
Edit and Run the Installation Script
- Download and extract install.ps1 file from zip and edit (install)
- Update below parameters
- $prefix = “xp0”
- $PSScriptRoot = “C:\resourcefiles”
- $XConnectCollectionService = “$prefix.xconnect”
- $sitecoreSiteName = “$prefix.sc91”
- $SolrUrl = “https://localhost:8989/solr”
- $SolrRoot = “C:\Solr-6.6.2”
- $SolrService = “SOLR662”
- $SqlServer = “Your SQL server name”
- $SqlAdminUser = “sa”
- Save the script as install.ps1 to the C:\resourcefiles folder
- In PowerShell Navigate to “C:\resourcefiles” and type below command to run Script
- Once Installation is completed navigate to site.